Sunday, August 15, 2010

FINAL EXAM

I must admit, I originally signed up for Pi2.0 more out of a guilty compulsion than a feeling that I would learn much. Although there were tasks and tools that I did not like and will not use, I also found some real gems. I suspect most people feel similarly; not every tool is for every person. So, I am not sure what I would suggest changing. I hated the Delicious task, Paul H. loved it. I liked learning about wikis and eventually establishing my weebly website, but someone else may not ever want a website. If I was looking to change an aspect of the course, I would suggest giving the teachers some options. Maybe you could create 15 tasks, and then let us choose 10 to complete. Again, this would allow teachers to complete the tasks that applied most directly to their classroom practices and interest.

In terms of changing my practices, I think the course will impact my courses for next year. My website on weebly is more polished than what I used on First Class, and I will have a blogging component for the first time. I can have students create their own websites, and although I am making no promises, that is a definite option. I also am still fine tuning the RSS feed, but I think it will provide a useful tool to find relevant, current articles to post for students to blog about. So, Pi2.0 may impact both the content and delivery of my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment